Designed, tested, and manufactured in the USA, L&J engineering MCG 1600SFI Radar Gauges reliably solve challenging gauging issues common to asphalt and molten Sulphur storage tanks.
The flagship MCG 1600SFI Radar Gauge, equipped with L&J’s industry-beating Parabolic Antenna – a robust unit designed specifically for the demands of harsh tank environments – consistently delivers accurate level measurements in the most challenging bitumen/asphalt applications.
- Frequency Modulated Continuous Waveform
- Crystal-controlled Phase Lock Loop Technology
- Ultra High-speed Floating Point Digital Signal Processor for Continuous Calibration
- Complete Programming and Calibration Functions via Hand-held Infrared Calibrator
- +/- 0.5 MM accuracy, Custody-transfer compliant
- Antenna design with no horizontal surfaces (per API Ch. 3.1B, Ed. 1)
- High signal-to-noise ratio of Parabolic antenna yields higher accuracy
- Suitable for extremely demanding tank environments
- Heavy-duty antennas withstand harsh asphalt tank gauging applications and aggressive cleaning regimens
- High-temperature oxidized (“blown”) bitumen/asphalt storage tanks
- Lower-temperature asphalt cutbacks and petroleum solvent storage tanks
- Molten Sulphur storage tanks